Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dude, Where's Mike's Car?

This is Mike's new car! This is a stock photo from Toyota's website, but it's the same thing. I bought it for him last Friday night before we headed off to San Fran for the weekend. We looked everywhere for this exact model, in this color, with the specs that we wanted and we finally got a call Friday night that it was coming in from another dealership for us. I rushed over there while Mike was working and snagged this baby up just in time for 394 miles on Saturday morning! We didn't end up getting home until about 11pm on Friday night because after I bought it I was about a half an hour from my home with two cars so I had to drive to Mike's dealership, wait till he got off, then we had to drive back to where my car was and then home! All before we had to get up super early on Saturday. I wasn't very happy because when Mike was a salesmen he would follow people to help them get their cars home and have someone pick him up and my salesmen was NOT willing to do this even though I asked him several times...and he wants me to put "Excellent" on his evaluation of him...yeah, we'll see about that buddy!
.
Quick SF story. So, going to SF was a last minute decision. We figured it was close, we've never been, we could do it cheap. I told Mike to find a hotel. So he calls me a few nights before we are set to leave and says "So, the 19th and the 20th right?" Me: "No, the 21st and the 22nd. Saturday and Sunday night." Mike: "Saturday and Sunday are the 19th and the 20th." Me: "No, not really." We eventually figured out that he was looking at JULY!!! End of story, right? Not so much when you're dealing with Mike B. We get to the hotel on SATURDAY, THE 21st and she says (surprise of all surprises): "I have you checking in on July 19th." Yes, he really did still go ahead and make our reservations for July. Oh, Mikey, how I love thee? Let me count the days...

No comments: