Saturday, March 29, 2008

15 in 9

15 in 9? What on earth could that possibly mean? Well, I’ll tell you. I have had 15 jobs in 9 years. I think this is proof positive that I am not cut out to work for someone else. I have had a wide array of jobs from skating rinks to movie theaters to smoothie shops (those were all high school) and then moved on to waitressing, rubber stamp manufacturing, insurance company, auto body shop, etc. I’m all over the board. This is not the all-inclusive list, just the highlights. I have never been at one job for more than 2 years but three have come close coming in at about 1 year 8 months each. Apparently at the 1 year 8 month mark I start feeling like a caged animal that needs to be free. That’s where I am right now. Only my cage is invisible (take a look at the “A New Life” post, my cube is completely OPEN). After I graduated college with a business degree I thought the world of employment would be opened up to me on a grand scale. I would work my way up through the ranks and become the youngest female CEO of XYZ Company by the time I was 35. I’m only 25 so I have some time but I can safely assume that I won’t be working my way up from Assistant to CEO in 10 years, not as this job anyhow. So, I’m going to work for myself! I will be the CEO of myself (and my husband and two cats)! I wish I had a picture of myself in my glasses to insert here so that I looked smart and sophisticated and ready to take on the world!

No comments: